Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday


I wasn't sure that I would have much to contribute to the Works for Me Wednesday bloggy goodness (from We are THAT Family) I got to thinking about what would I say is something that works for me?

Just then, my son (bless his almost 2 year old heart) got frustrated and threw one of his cars, right into my favorite green wall and chipped some of the paint. Great....I know what I'll be doing during nap time now. Luckily it will only take a minute...literally....to fix.

Years ago, there was a magazine called Budget Living (which I love and dearly miss - I still have all my copies and still look at them), and one of the tips listed in there said to take baby food jars and keep a small amount of paint in them, with a small paint brush to do touch ups when it is needed. This is one of the best things I have ever learned and has saved me a lot of anxiety and frustration. I used to have to find the right paint can in the garage (if I could find it) and hope that the paint was still good, then find a paint brush, then drag it all in, yadda yadda yadda. NOW, I just grab the jar from under my sink and the small brush attached to it, swipe on the paint, wash the brush and put it all back under the sink.

By the way, my son and I had a small chitchat about how God wants us to handle our frustration and how throwing our toys is not the best way to do this. So, anyone got any tips on how to get a 2 year old to understand that?

1 comment:

  1. Keeping paint in a babyfood jar is a great idea! I am always needing to do little touch-ups.

    ReplyDelete